Are You a Candidate for a Thread Lift Treatment?
To determine whether you are a good candidate for a thread lift treatment at Skin Technique, you should first book a consultation with the team to determine if it is the right treatment for you. During your consultation, the Skin Technique team will evaluate your skin, aesthetic goals, medical history, and concerns.
If you are concerned about sagging skin or lost elasticity on your face, neck, or body due to aging, weight loss, genetics, or lifestyle factors, then you are likely a great candidate for a thread lift procedure.
However, you should not seek out a thread lift if:
- You have active infections or skin diseases at the time of the treatment.
- You are pregnant.
- You suffer from a sort of bleeding disorder.
- You have a history of keloid scarring.
If you have concerns about severe skin sagging, talk to the Skin Technique team about pursuing a more invasive procedure or combining your thread lift with another rejuvenating treatment.
Thread Lift Benefits
Thread lifts performed by the Skin Technique team boast many benefits, including:
- Minimal Scarring During Recovery. Due to the nature of the threads being used during your thread lift, they dissolve naturally into your body and leave minimal to no scarring. The mark from the small needle inserted to place the threads in the treatment area will quickly fade, and the sutures will dissolve on their own.
- Immediate Results. Thread lifts performed by the Skin Technique team provide immediate lifting and tightening effects, with results only improving over time. This treatment has little to no downtime, so you can show off your refreshed look as soon as you’d like!
- Minimally Invasive. Compared to common surgical procedures that provide similar lifting results, thread lifts are minimally invasive and involve small incisions that rarely leave scars. Thread lifts provide natural-looking results, lifting and tightening your skin overtime, as well as increasing collagen production.
- Successful Results. The threads used during this treatment not only lift the skin and stimulate collagen production but also provide long-term improvements in the texture and appearance of your skin. Any scarring will be gone soon after your treatment, which requires little downtime while the sutures dissolve on their own.
Thread lifts are a great option for treating mild to moderate sagging around the mouth, nose, under eyes, cheeks, jawline, and neck without going under the knife.
Nasolabial & Marionette Lines
When the skin is lifted, it is also firmed – resulting in a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Our thread lift treatment can correct lines around the nose and marionette lines, which are usually a result of scrunching up your face, laughing, or smiling. If your wrinkles are more on the severe side, we recommend combining your thread lift with a wrinkle reducing treatment.
Under Eye Bags
Say goodbye to looking tired with a thread lift – this rejuvenating treatment re-animates the face to give you that much wanted glow and appearance. Your under-eye bags and brow sagging can be corrected to improve your vision, reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, and make you look rested and refreshed.
Cheeks & Jawline
The cheeks, jawline, and neck are the most common treatment areas for a thread lift procedure, as these areas are the first to show signs of sagging related to aging or weight loss. Firm your cheeks, contour your jawline, and get rid of “turkey neck” with a thread lift performed by the Skin Technique team.
How to Prepare For a Thread Lift
To prepare for your thread lift treatment at Skin Technique, you should first be assessed by Dr. Pavlou and his team to determine that you are a suitable candidate. Then, you may be advised to stop taking certain medications, stop smoking, and avoid taking over-the-counter medications that can thin the blood, like herbal supplements or aspirin. Make sure the treatment area is clean of moisturizers, makeup, and serums before your treatment, and have a solid aftercare plan ready for a successful recovery.
Thread Lift Risks
While the Skin Technique thread lift treatment has few risks, you should still understand that certain aversions to the threads, needle, or aftercare instructions can create risks. These risks may include:
- Discomfort. After your thread lift, you may experience some swelling, redness, bruising, and discolouration. This will go away on its own within a week, but if it continues for longer please contact a medical professional.
- Infection/Scarring. This only occurs if you disrupt your body’s natural healing process – do not pick at the injection site(s), use abrasive scrubs shortly after your treatment, or touch your face repeatedly without washing your hands.
- Results Appearing Slower Than Expected. Your sutures may take longer to absorb depending on your lifestyle, metabolism, and genetics, which means it could take longer for redness and swelling to subside, along with your final results being slightly delayed. Be sure to thoroughly discuss your aftercare instructions with the Skin Technique team so you can heal fully and see your beautiful results as soon as possible.