Do’s & Don’ts for Your Liquid Rhinoplasty Recovery
What Is a Liquid Rhinoplasty?
Liquid rhinoplasty, also known as a non-surgical rhinoplasty or non-surgical nose job, is a dermal filler procedure that can fix minor aesthetic inconsistencies in the nose. Some filler results can last up to 6 months, while others can last up to 3 years. Liquid rhinoplasty is ideal for people who want to smooth out bumps in the nose, make it look less angular, or want to correct asymmetry without the results being permanent.
Many people use liquid rhinoplasty as a “test trial” to see if they are ready for a permanent, surgical rhinoplasty and to familiarize themselves with the results they want to see.
Which Concerns Can You Target with a Non-Surgical Nose Job?
With a non-surgical nose job, you can target the bridge, tip, and sides of the nose. Fillers can be injected in these areas to modify their shape and fix crooks or bumps. You can also smooth out the slope, make the tip of your nose more prominent, add volume, and lift the tip of your nose.
If you want to reduce the size of your nose, fix breathing issues, or smooth out extremely prominent bumps or crooks, you will have to seek out a surgical nose job.
What to Expect During and After Your Treatment
Your treatment will likely take only 15 minutes. Depending on your aesthetic goals and procedure plan, the specialist will inject filler into different areas of your nose. Some injection sites you can have the filler placed in include:
- Above and below the hump of your nose.
- The angle between the nose and the forehead.
- Around the tissue that separates your nostrils.
- The tip of the nose.
- Above the upper cartilage in your nose.
During your procedure, you may feel a slight pinching sensation when the needle is injected, and the surgeon may massage the skin of your nose to help you achieve your desired shape. After your injections are completed, an ice pack will be placed on your nose to reduce any swelling.
After your liquid rhinoplasty procedure, the swelling, redness, and pain will disappear in an hour or two. The results will be visible within a week or two, and the bruising will subside. There is no particular recovery time, so you can return to normal activities and work the same day as your liquid rhinoplasty. Some filler results can last up to 6 months, while others can last up to 3 years. Discuss these options and more during your consultation at the Skin Technique clinic.
Liquid Rhinoplasty Recovery Timeline
First Hour Post-Rhinoplasty
You may experience swelling, redness, and bruising right after your liquid rhinoplasty. These side effects are normal and will go away within a few hours or days. You can resume normal activities immediately following your treatment, and we suggest using an ice pack to help minimize bruising while you heal.
First Day Post-Rhinoplasty
You should avoid touching the area that was treated for the first 10 hours following your liquid rhinoplasty, and try not to scrunch your nose too much or wear tight-fitting glasses. The dermal fillers are still malleable, and too much pressure or movement can cause them to migrate to different areas.
Discuss with the Skin Technique team which supplements and pain medications are safe to take following your rhinoplasty during your consultation and after your procedure. Avoid applying anti-aging products and creams to the treated area.
A few hours after your liquid rhinoplasty, it’s safe to gently wash your face with a sensitive cleanser, and you can apply light makeup or sunscreen to the face. Avoid drinking alcohol or participating in strenuous exercise (or any activity that can cause you to sweat excessively) for the first day after your treatment so bruising does not increase.
What You Should DO During Healing
While healing from your liquid rhinoplasty, you should:
- Allow yourself time to heal.
- Avoid sweating and excessive exercise for one day after your treatment.
- Ask your doctor which pain medications are safe to take.
- Have an ice pack ready to reduce swelling.
- Avoid touching, rubbing, or scrunching your nose.
- Avoid using harsh cleansers or makeup for a few days after your treatment.
- Stay hydrated and follow all aftercare instructions.
- Book a follow-up appointment to ensure you are healing properly and are happy with your results!
What You Should AVOID During Healing
One of the best advantages of getting a liquid rhinoplasty treatment is that the results are present almost immediately and improve with time. You don’t have to take many precautions following your procedure, as it is non-invasive, and healing only takes a few days. However, to ensure you heal as quickly as possible and achieve your desired results, you should avoid:
- Drinking alcohol or smoking for the first week following your treatment.
- Partaking in activities that can make you sweat excessively for the first day after your treatment, such as taking a hot shower, bath, or exercising.
- Putting your nose at risk in situations like contact sports or blowing your nose excessively for the first week can move the filler around.
- Wearing glasses for the first few days.
- Ignoring any signs of infection.
- Missing follow-up appointments.
Tips for Quick Recovery
After your non-surgical rhinoplasty, you will be given aftercare instructions from the Skin Technique team, which generally include:
- Avoiding vigorous activity for the first 24 hours.
- Not massaging the injection site for the first 24 hours.
- Applying ice packs to reduce swelling.
- Sleeping with your head elevated for one night.
- Avoiding direct sun exposure, alcohol, and smoking.
- Avoiding wearing glasses or goggles for the first two weeks.
- Wait to apply makeup or use a harsh cleanser for a few days after the procedure.
At Skin Technique, we are here to honour your beauty and work to enhance your natural features through modern and innovative medical aesthetics and skin care services. If you’re interested in receiving a liquid rhinoplasty treatment, contact the Skin Technique team to book a consultation today.